Core System Upgrade - What You Should know
It's Time for an Upgrade
The Bank of New Glarus and Sugar River Bank Branches is excited to announce that we are completing a conversion of our core banking system during the weekend of October 27th, 2018.
Our core banking system is the computer software that performs our major banking functions. This includes the processing of deposit transactions, loan payments, tracking loan history, maintaining customer information, creating and mailing statements, maintaining our online and mobile banking, and much more. While most of the system changes will occur behind the scenes and mostly visible to our staff, you will also notice some enhancements to our online and mobile banking, an improved look to your monthly statements, and even some additional added features. Our new system will also improve your experience at the teller line, with an optimized workflow and more streamlined processes for our staff to serve you more efficiently. That is why we are referring to this core conversion as an "upgrade".
As with any major computer software upgrade, adjusting to system changes take some time to get used to, so we are working hard behind the scenes to provide our staff with the training and resources to better serve you. We have created some resources and documentation to help you adjust to the system changes as well. Please visit our FAQ section for answers to some questions you may have about our upgrade.
What You Should Do to Prepare
In order to minimize any inconvenience or interruption to your day-to-day banking experience, please use the list below to help you prepare for the upgrade:
- If you receive e-Statements: Download and save your e-Statements from our current system for your records. When we switch over to our new core processor, any previous e-Statements will no longer be available to access. You can find instructions on downloading your old e-Statements on our website.
- If you use Mobile Banking: Download the new mobile app(s) from the App Store or Google Play as early as October 25th. Search for "BNG Mobile". There will be new Personal Banking and Business Banking apps available. You will not be able to log into either of them until Monday, October 29th. At that time, you will no longer be able to access mobile banking using our old Mobile banking app.
- If you use Online Banking: On the morning of Monday, October 29th, be sure to log into our new Online Banking system using your existing username and the last 4 digits of your social security number as the temporary password. Once you are logged in, you can change your password. Directions for logging into the new online banking system can be found on our website thebankofnewglarus.bank/upgrade
- Periodically visit our website thebankofnewglarus.bank/upgrade for up-to-date information regarding the upgrade and answers to any questions you may have.
- Call us at (608) 527-5205 with any additional questions or concerns you may have.
For a schedule of our Service Availability during the Upgrade, click HERE.
For Frequently Asked Questions about our Upgrade, click HERE.