Mobile Banking FAQ
What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is what we call all the banking services we have available for your Apple and Android devices.
What type of Mobile Banking should I use?
The answer depends on 1) what you want to do with Mobile Banking and 2) the type of device you are using.
- The Mobile app is a free, downloadable smartphone application that lets you see what’s happening with your accounts, transfer money, pay bills and deposit checks.
- The website gives you access to Online Banking, which allows you to see account transactions, pay bills, and transfer money.
- Text Banking is designed for any phone with SMS capability. Just text us for account balances, transaction history or the location of ATMs and branches.
Are the mobile banking apps free to use?
Yes, all of our apps are free to download and use. You may also access your account using the web site at thebankofnewglarus.bank on your mobile device’s supported web browser. Please be aware that The Bank of New Glarus doesn’t charge for your usage of the apps or the website, but charges from your mobile carrier may apply depending on your plan.
What are the requirements to use Mobile Banking?
- To be enrolled in The Bank of New Glarus® and Sugar River Bank Branches Online Banking with at least one active checking, savings, or loan account.
- A smartphone or iPad tablet that can download an app or access the web.
Will Mobile Banking work on my mobile phone?
What can I do with Mobile Banking?
With your mobile app you can:
- See your balances and account history
- Transfer money between accounts
- Pay bills
- View edocuments and check images
- Deposit checks
- Send a secure message to the bank
- Find the nearest branch or ATM
How much does it cost to use Mobile Banking?
We don’t charge a fee to access the Mobile Web or download and use the Mobile app. For Text Banking and Alert Services standard messaging and data rates from your mobile carrier may apply.
How do I get the Bank of New Glarus® and Sugar River Bank Branches Mobile app?
The Mobile app is available for download at thebankofnewglarus.bank/mobile-banking. You can also visit the app store for your iPad® or iPhone®, Android™ and BlackBerry® smartphone and search for “The Bank of New Glarus app.”
How do I set up the Mobile Banking app?
After the application has been installed on your phone, you can use the same User ID and password you have set up for Online Banking.
Please note that you can use our ATM/Branch locator to find our contact information without signing up or signing in to an account on any of our apps or our mobile website.
Is my personal information safe with Mobile Banking?
Yes, your personal information is safe with us.
- We use advanced encryption and monitoring technology.
- We secure your accounts with your unique User ID and password.
- We never request personal information through email.
- We never store your personal banking information on your phone.
What if I forget my password?
You can get password help by going to our website thebankofnewglarus.bank and clicking on FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD in the Online Banking section on the top right side of the screen or contacting your nearest branch.
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit lets you make a deposit from your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone by taking a picture of your check.
How do I sign up for Mobile Deposit?
After you have installed the Mobile Banking app, click on Mobile Deposit and follow the instructions to apply. Once enrollment is complete, you can access the Mobile Deposit from the Mobile app.
Which accounts can I use to make deposits?
Any active checking account that has no more than two Returned Items within a three month period. Accounts undergoing fraud investigations may be removed from Mobile Deposit.
Do I have to take a picture of the check?
Yes, images of both the front and back of the check are required.
Do I need to sign the back of my check?
Yes, you need to sign the check as well as write “For Mobile Deposit”.
How much does it cost to use Mobile Deposit?
We don’t charge a fee to use Mobile Deposit; however. standard messaging and data rates from your mobile carrier may apply.